Because of the war and the harsh conditions of displacement and asylum, the women have been one of the most affected groups in the Syrian society, and in many cases, she has become responsible for supporting her family, especially in the countries of asylum where life is different and conditions are more complex.
In support and empowerment of Syrian women, Takaful Al Sham launched Makanee project in Antakya; Turkey, which aims to raise the capabilities of Syrian women and young women, by providing the following:
• Various professional and skills training, provided by expert trainers that help Syrian women enter the labor market and start a new phase in life.
• Awareness raising of Syrian women in many fields to help them integrate into the new environment they live in.
Makanee Center offers a package of various additional services to encourage women to join activities, like:
• Providing various meals on a daily basis.
• Childcare services during training times inside the center.
• Free transportation services within the city of Antakya during the training period.
At the end of the project, according to specific criteria, a number of trainees are provided with grants which go towards helping them start their own ventures.