Because of the war and the hard conditions of displacement and asylum, the Syrian woman was one of the most affected groups in the Syrian society, and in many cases, she became responsible for supporting her family, especially in the countries of asylum where life is different and conditions are more difficult.
In support and empowerment of Syrian women, Takaful Al-Sham launched Makanee project in the Antakya-Turkey, which aims to raise the capabilities of Syrian women and young women, by providing the following:
- Various professional and skills training, provided by expert trainers that help Syrian women enter the labor market and start a new stage in life.
- Raise the awareness of Syrian women in many fields to help them integrate into the new environment they live in.
Makanee Center offers a package of various additional services to encourage women to join activities, like:
- Providing various meals on a daily basis.
- Childcare caring service during training times inside the center.
- Free transportation service within the city of Antakya during the training period.
At the end of the project, according to specific criteria a number of trainees are provided with grants that help them start their own projects.